Eugenia Jambos | Materia Medica by John Henry Clarke
Eugenia vulgaris. Malabar Plum-tree. Rose-apple. N. O. Myrtaceae. A tree native to the tropics, never without flower or fruit. Tincture of fresh seeds.
Clinical : Acne rosacea. Catarrhal fever. Catarrhs. Comedones. Constipation. Coryza. Cough. Diarrhoea. Diplopia. Hernia. Hiccough. Impotence. Influenza. Otitis. Pimples. Throat, sore.
Characteristics : Like Eucalyptus, Eugenia causes a condition of drunkenness. It makes the prover very talkative but indolent. The most characteristic symptom of the proving is: “> after urination.” Sudden great change in him after micturition. Everything seems more beautiful and bright, sky and trees more joyous and clear; but after a quarter of an hour everything became gloomy again. There are many symptoms relating to the eyes and vision: whirling in head while sitting; houses at a distance seem to turn bottom upwards. Darkness and double vision; on looking intently double vision disappears. Whirling before right eye as if it would become dark; eye becomes inflamed. It seems as though fire came out of eyes, and tears ran out in streams in evening and night. < By sun; causes eyes to fill with water. < By closing eyes; it makes the burning worse, prevents sleeping at night. Nausea > by smoking. Pain in small of back and calves. Aching in sacrum and knees. Sticking pain in back as if something were sticking in spine, > by bending back. Among the peculiar sensations are: Headache as if a heavy board were lying on right side. Sensation as of cramp in orifice of stomach; as if a ten-pound weight were hanging on rectum, and as if everything below would fall out. An old wound from a thrust became painful again. Rheumatic pain wanders from place to place with catarrh. Open air: much exhaustion, yawning whilst walking in morning. Cold water does not > burning in eyes. Skin disease is < during catamenia.
Relations : Compare: Eucalypt. (a myrtaceous tree) in catarrhal conditions; Lauroc. and drugs containing Hydrocyanic acid; Puls. (fugitive rheumatic pains). Antidoted by: Coffee; by smoking tobacco.
1. Mind : Continued state, like intoxication, with great loquacity and indolence.-Disposition to isolation.-The patient is uncomfortable wherever he may be; desires to lie down when seated, and to rise up when lying down.-Sudden great change in him after micturition; everything seems more beautiful and bright; after quarter of an hour everything gloomy again.
2. Head : Vertigo, during which all objects seem to be reversed.-Fits of megrim in the evening, and rolling and burning pain in the head, with forcing towards the eyes, lachrymation, nausea and vomiting, during which the pains are aggravated.-Pains in the head at night, with burning pain in the eyes, violent thirst, and copious discharge of urine.-Cramp-like, pressive pains in the head.-Neuralgia in forehead over eye.-Headache as from a sticking from all sides at once, or as if everything was drawn together from within, recurring like a slow pulsation.
3. Eyes : Lachrymation, with burning and gnawing pains.-Burning pain in the eyes in the afternoon.-Suddenly biting in the eyes as from pepper.-Needle-like stitches id inner canthus r. eye.-Violent internal itching in eyes and nose, evening.-Darkness before eyes, everything seems double; > looking intently.-Whirling before r. eye.-Eyes took sleepy and drunken.
6, 8. Face and Mouth : Pimples on the face, with painful sensibility of their circumferences.-Abundant accumulation of frothy and viscid saliva in the mouth, esp. before a meal; and when talking.
9. Throat : At night, burning in eyes, violent thirst from dryness low down in throat, so that he did not feel the drink, which also did not > the dryness.-Pain in small spot in region of l. corner of hyoid bone.-Inflamed throat (in catarrhal fever).
10. Appetite : Appetite increased.-Agreeable taste of tobacco, when smoking, of food, and of drink.-Great thirst.-Great desire to smoke tobacco.
11, 12. Stomach and Abdomen : Cramp in orifice of stomach, causing nausea.-Nausea rising up from end of oesophagus.-Flatulence rumbling in bowels.-Drawing about navel.-Inguinal hernia from a fall.
13. Stool and Anus : Loose evacuations, followed by vomiting.-Scanty evacuation of excrement, of the consistence of pap, and sandy.-Urging to stool and colic.-Evacuations scanty, spurting, and fetid, with burning pain in the abdomen.-Constipation.-Scanty, hard stool, after much pressing, followed by spasmodic closure of anus.-Tenesmus.
14. Urinary Organs : Deep-coloured urine.-After making water, shuddering; or sudden increase of brightness and of light before the eyes.
15. Male Sexual Organs : Impotence.-Emission of semen too slow, or entirely wanting during coition.-After coition, perspiration and thirst.
18. Chest : Moist cough, without expectoration in the evening and at night.-Expectoration of yellowish sanguineous mucus.
21. Limbs : Desquamation and suppuration of the skin round the nail of the thumb.-Hot hands.-Cramp-like and paralytic pains in the tibia and in the heels.-Nocturnal cramps in the sole of the foot.
24. Generalities : Sufferings occur esp. in the evening and at night.-An old wound from a thrust became painful again.-Rheumatic pain wanders from place to place with catarrh.
26. Sleep : Profound stupefying sleep, even at noon, with confused dreams.
27. Fever : Shiverings run over him after micturition.-Coldness, as if the body were naked.-Perspiration in the morning, with burning thirst.-Hot hands.-Fever; heat before midnight, with little thirst and much sweat; during fever for several hours in morning, pain in back, > bending inward.
Eugenia Jambos | Materia Medica by John Henry Clarke
List of Free Homeopathic Materia Medica
- Free Materia Medica by Dr. John Henry Clarke
- Free Materia Medica by Dr. William Boericke
- Free Materia Medica by Dr. James Tyler Kent
- Free Materia Medica by Dr. Benoit Mure
- Free Materia Medica by Dr. Adolf zur Lippe
- Free Materia Medica by Dr. Cyrus Maxwell Boger
- Free Materia Medica Keynotes by Dr. Henry C. Allen
- A. Homeopathic Materia Medica B. Online Materia Medica