Cetraria Islandica | Materia Medica by John Henry Clarke
Iceland Moss. N. O. Lichenes. Decoction and tincture.
Clinical.-Atrophy. Catarrh. Diarrhoea. Phthisis. Scrofulous emaciation. Scurvy. Ulcers.
Characteristics.-Cetraria has been used in decoction and as a food, and has been found curative empirically in the diseases named above. Symptoms indicating its use are: Bitter slimy taste. Feels full and satisfied after eating a little. Habitual vomiting. Chronic diarrhoea (of consumptives). Frequent catarrhs. Tickling and spasmodic feeling in windpipe on waking. Copious expectoration. Fetid taste and smell causing nausea. All kinds of bloody expectoration. Weak lungs. Emaciated people.
Relations.-Compare: Sticta pul.
List of Free Homeopathic Materia Medica
- Free Materia Medica by Dr. John Henry Clarke
- Free Materia Medica by Dr. William Boericke
- Free Materia Medica by Dr. James Tyler Kent
- Free Materia Medica by Dr. Benoit Mure
- Free Materia Medica by Dr. Adolf zur Lippe
- Free Materia Medica by Dr. Cyrus Maxwell Boger
- Free Materia Medica Keynotes by Dr. Henry C. Allen
- A. Homeopathic Materia Medica B. Online Materia Medica